Pakistan

Pakistan/cate1

International

International/cate2

Entertainment

Entertainment/cate3

Sports

Pakistan/cate1

Top Stories

Top Stories/cate5

Videos

World/cate6

Recent post

MPA Nazir Chohan sent to jail on judicial remand | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

LAHORE: District katchery on Saturday sent Pro-Jahangir Tareen group MPA, Nazir Chohan to jail on Judicial remand by rejecting Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) plea to extend physical remand. 

PM Khan commends FBR on record tax collection of Rs410b in July | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan has commended efforts of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) for collecting the highest ever tax in the month of July, ARY News reported on Saturday.

In his Tweet, PM Imran Khan said, the collection in the month of July remained Rs.410 bn which is the highest ever in the month of July – & around 22% above the required target for the month.

“This is a reflection of govt’s policies for sustained economic growth & revival,” he added.

Read more: FBR plans implementation on POS by July end to bring retailers into tax net

It is to be noted that the FBR has collected Rs410 billion in July 2021 against collection of Rs301 billion in the same month of the last fiscal year, registering an impressive growth by 36 percent.

The FBR has envisaged tax collection target of Rs5,829 billion for the current fiscal year and so far, the tax machinery kick-started its performance by collecting Rs410bn against its desired target of Rs342 billion for July 2021.

The post PM Khan commends FBR on record tax collection of Rs410b in July appeared first on ARY NEWS.

Disney makes vaccination mandatory for on-site US employees | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

Walt Disney Co (DIS.N) said on Friday it was making vaccination mandatory for all its on-site salaried and non-union hourly employees in the United States, as the highly infectious Delta COVID-19 variant drives a resurgence in cases.

“Employees who aren’t already vaccinated and are working on-site will have 60 days from today to complete their protocols and any employees still working from home will need to provide verification of vaccination prior to their return, with certain limited exceptions,” Disney said.

The company also said all the newly hired employees will be required to be fully vaccinated before beginning their employment.

Disney’s announcement comes after major tech companies including Alphabet Inc’s (GOOGL.O) Google, Uber Technologies Inc (UBER.N) and Facebook Inc (FB.O) said earlier this week that all US employees must get vaccinated to step into offices. read more

Health authorities on Tuesday said Americans fully vaccinated against COVID-19 should go back to wearing masks in indoor public places in regions where the coronavirus is spreading rapidly. read more

The post Disney makes vaccination mandatory for on-site US employees appeared first on ARY NEWS.

Robber caught red-handed in Karachi | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

KARACHI: Police on Saturday arrested a street criminal red-handed in Karachi’s area of Korangi, ARY News reported.

According to details, the robber was looting the citizens in Korangi, when a police party arrived at the scene. Seeing the police, the robber tried to flee.

The police opened fire at him and arrested him in injured condition. The robber after first aid has been shifted to the police station.

Read more: Suspected killers of Canadian woman held in Karachi

Earlier in the month of July, last year, four locals of Korangi area of Karachi grabbed a hold of robbers trying to flee the scene of the crime in the vicinity of Bilal Colony police station.

The robbers were on a motorcycle but were intercepted by four locals who got alerted to the robbery by the man who they had just mugged.

The victim had started shouting and making noise after being robbed, four young residents of the locality chased the criminals on their own motorbikes and caught up with them.

The post Robber caught red-handed in Karachi appeared first on ARY NEWS.

COVID-19 positivity ratio rises to 8.46% in Pakistan | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan continues to record a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases as the country has registered 4,950 new infections over the last 24 hours, the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) said on Saturday.

The NCOC said that the country’s number of overall confirmed cases has risen to 1,029,811, including 940,164 recoveries, adding that the positivity rate of infections was recorded at 8.46 per cent.

The COVID-19 claimed 65 more lives across the country in the last 24 hours, taking the death toll from the disease to 23,360, the NCOC said, adding that 3,187 people are in critical condition.

58,479 tests were conducted during the said period.

Read more: NCOC REVISES GUIDELINES, ALLOWS MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE FOR GENERAL PUBLIC

Sindh province is the most affected region of the country with 380,093 infections, followed by the Punjab province which has reported 356,211 cases. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa remains third on the list with 143,673 cases. Islamabad, 87,304, Balochistan, 30,289, AJK, 24,145  and GB has reported 8,096 new infections, so far.

To curb the spread of the disease, Pakistan also expedited the pace of vaccination and administered overall 28,743,225 COVID-19 vaccine doses on July 31, including 22,638,911 partial doses and 6,104,314 two doses.

The post COVID-19 positivity ratio rises to 8.46% in Pakistan appeared first on ARY NEWS.

Japan expands state of emergency as COVID-19 surge shadows Olympics | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

TOKYO: Japan said on Friday it will expand states of emergency to three prefectures near Olympic host Tokyo and the western prefecture of Osaka, as COVID-19 cases spike in the capital and around the country, overshadowing the Summer Games.

Tokyo, already under its fourth state of emergency since the pandemic began, announced 3,300 new daily cases, after a record 3,865 on Thursday.

Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga told a news conference the virus is spreading at an unprecedented speed largely because of Delta variant, adding he is worried the country’s hospital beds could become stretched.

“With a heavy heart, I want to ask everyone: until we see the impact of more vaccinations, I want you all to stay vigilant and implement infection prevention measures to the full,” he said, calling on people to watch the Olympics on TV at home.

Already, 64% of Tokyo’s hospital beds available for serious COVID-19 cases are filled as of mid-week.

The new emergency measures will be in effect from Aug. 2-Aug. 31, while existing states of emergency for Tokyo and southern Okinawa island will be extended to Aug. 31, covering 37% of the country’s population.

Together with another five prefectures which Suga declared as coming under ‘quasi-emergency’, more than a half of the country now lives under some restrictions.

Health Minister Norihisa Tamura said the country had entered a new “extremely frightening” stage as cases are spiking even though the movement of people was not increasing.

Japan has imposed a series of “state of emergency” declarations, but the orders are mostly voluntary, unlike other countries which impose strict lockdowns.

Yet many people have grown weary of stay-home requests, with some bars refusing to adhere to service restrictions.

The surge in COVID-19 cases is bad news for Suga, whose support rates are already at their lowest since he took office last September and who faces a ruling party leadership race and general election later this year.

Economy Minister Yasutoshi Nishimura, who is spearheading Japan’s COVID-19 response, repeated that all those who want to get vaccinated should be able to do so by October or November.

The post Japan expands state of emergency as COVID-19 surge shadows Olympics appeared first on ARY NEWS.

Thousands displaced as floods hit Bangladesh Rohingya camps | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

Heavy monsoon rains triggered landslides and flash floods in refugees camps displacing thousands of Rohingya Muslims in southeastern Bangladesh this week, U.N. and other officials said on Friday, with further heavy rainfall expected.

At least six Rohingya, including three children, died in landslides and flooding while 15 Bangladeshis were killed and more than 200,000 stranded by flooding in Cox’s Bazar, said Mamunur Rashid, the district administrator.

Nearly one million Rohingya live in crowded camps in the border district of Cox’s Bazar, the world’s largest refugee settlement, after fleeing a military crackdown in neighbouring Myanmar in 2017.

The refugees mostly live in shacks made of bamboo and plastic sheets that cling to steep, bare hills. TV footage showed flooded homes and muddy water cascading down steps and hillsides. Children played in chest-high waters.

bangladesh floods rohingya camps landslides

“This is like a nightmare,” said Rohingya Rokeya Begum. “I have never seen such flooding in the camps in four years. When the water came, there was nobody from my family at home to help. I was alone but I could take my belongings to a safer place. Now I am staying with another family.”

The U.N. Refugee Agency (UNHCR) said more than 21,000 refugees had been “affected” by the flooding while nearly 4,000 shelters had been damaged or destroyed.

It said more than 13,000 were forced to relocate in the camps, while thousands of facilities were damaged, including health clinics and toilets. Access has been hindered due to damage to roads, pathways and bridges.

And the flooding is likely to get worse.

“Heavy rainfall is expected during the next few days, and as such, challenges are likely to increase,” said Manuel Marques Pereira, Deputy Chief of Mission in Bangladesh for the U.N.’s International Organization for Migration.

Refugees, many of them still recovering from massive fires that tore through the camps in March, said landslides and floods left homes “totally covered with mud”.

“Somehow my family members could evacuate,” said Abu Siddique, who lives in the Balukhali refugee camp. “The mud that came down from the hill entered my home… All of our belongings inside are covered in mud.”

The post Thousands displaced as floods hit Bangladesh Rohingya camps appeared first on ARY NEWS.

Inter-provincial transport to remain open amid Covid lockdown: Sindh govt | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

KARACHI: The Sindh government has issued a revised notification regarding the inter-provincial transport that will remain open amid COVID-19 lockdown, ARY News reported on Friday night.

The Sindh home department in its revised notification about COVID-19 lockdown stated that inter-provincial transport will remain open in the province, however, inter-city transport will be closed to restrict the public movement to curb the spread of the virus.

Moreover, the home department announced that the last papers of the Cambridge school system will be held on August 2 according to its schedule. It added that Cambridge students and concerned staff for conducting the examinations will be exempted from the COVID-19 restrictions.

READ: SINDH NOTIFIES COVID-19 LOCKDOWN: HERE’S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

However, the home department asked those being exempted from the travel restrictions to strictly follow the standard operating procedures (SOPs).

Earlier in the day, the Sindh government had announced to impose a complete ban on intra-city, inter-city and inter-provincial public and private transport as well as the gathering of people for any purpose, including social, religious, sports, entertainment, and recreation, for a period of nine days from July 31 till Aug 8.

The lockdown was imposed after an abnormal surge in COVID-19 cases, especially in Karachi.

READ: SINDH REPORTS 2,862 NEW COVID-19 CASES, 24 DEATHS

The decision was taken by Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah during a meeting of the COVID task force that was specially attended by opposition leaders and traders. “Lockdown would remain in place in the province from July 31 to August 08,” Murad Ali Shah said.

Later addressing a press conference, CM Murad clarified that it was not a complete lockdown where we shut down everything barring no exception however, this time we are making a number of exceptions whose list we will share.

The post Inter-provincial transport to remain open amid Covid lockdown: Sindh govt appeared first on ARY NEWS.

Video: Man loses temper after police fine for riding bike with ‘Wazir-i-Azam’ number plate | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

LAHORE: A man was fined for riding a motorcycle bearing a number plate with “Wazir-i-Azam” inscribed on it in Mandi Bahauddin.

According to details, the traffic police imposed a fine of Rs200 on a citizen named Tauseef Raza for riding a bike with an illegal number plate with “Wazir-i-Azam” (Prime Minister) inscribed on it.

He lost his temper after the police fined him and said he bought the bike with the “Wazir-i-Azam” number plate two years back.

“No one dared intercept and fine me. How did they dare fine me after two years,” the citizen asked.

The post Video: Man loses temper after police fine for riding bike with ‘Wazir-i-Azam’ number plate appeared first on ARY NEWS.

Deadly wildfires in Turkey: PM says Pakistan stands ready to offer any help | Muhsen Digital News

No comments

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that Pakistan stands ready to offer any help that the Turkish government and people may need at a difficult time, ARY News reported on Friday.

In a Twitter message, PM Imran Khan said, “We stand with the govt & people of Turkey & share in their sorrow at the tragic loss of life in the wildfires tragedy. Pakistan stands ready to offer any help that the Turkish govt & people may need at this difficult time.”

Blazes that erupted Wednesday to the east of tourist hotspot Antalya on Turkey’s scenic southern shores have officially killed four people and injured nearly 200, according to the reports.

Turkish firefighters made progress Friday containing deadly wildfires that forced the evacuation of entire villages and Mediterranean coast hotels already reeling from the shock of the coronavirus pandemic.

imran khan turkey wildfires pakistan

But they have also threatened to scare off tourists who had only just started to return to Turkey in what President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had hoped would be a boon for the developing country’s fragile economy.

The soaring flames turned summer skies blood orange over luxury hotels and villages dotting rolling hills that have been parched by another dry summer.

The government said 57 of the 71 fires had been contained or entirely put out by Friday.

Turkey’s regional allies Ukraine and Azerbaijan also announced they were sending planes and other help.

The post Deadly wildfires in Turkey: PM says Pakistan stands ready to offer any help appeared first on ARY NEWS.